On to, 07 syys 2017, Bart J via FreeIPA-users wrote:
Hi all,

I have been trying to set up one-way trust for quite a while. I thought
I have everything sorted out but when I tried to move from test
environment to production, I received error below upon trying to set up
trust with ipa trust add:

ipa trust-add --type=ad my.domain.com --admin adminaccount --password

ipa: ERROR: CIFS server communication error: code "-1073741801", message "Memory allocation
error" (both may be "None")

Googling returned some results that suggested upgrading samba and freeipa
versions. I did so and now I am using:
freeipa - 4.5.3-1.fc26
samba - 2:4.6.7-0.fc26

This however didn't change the result.

What can be important here is that my.domain.com is a child domain of
domain.com in terms of AD (it is a separate domain controller).
This is not going to work without --external=true. Forest trust is
always established to forest root domain.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy