On 29 September 2017 at 10:21, Alexander Bokovoy <aboko...@redhat.com>
wrote:

> On pe, 29 syys 2017, Andy Stubbs via FreeIPA-users wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> We'd like to test FreeIPA in our environment, but I'm having a little bit
>> of trouble importing DNS zone files.
>>
>> Running on fresh install of CentOS 7.4.1708 with
>> FreeIPA 4.5.0-21.el7.centos.1.2
>>
>> I install a vanilla IPA server from scratch with (something along these
>> lines):
>>
>> ipa-server-install --mkhomedir --setup-dns --setup-adtrust
>> --netbios-name=REALM --enable-compat --no-forwarders
>> --realm=REALM.BLAHBLAH
>> --domain=realm.blahblah --hostname=ds1.realm.blahblah
>> --ip-address=10.<something> --reverse-zone=10.in-addr.arpa.
>> --allow-zone-overlap --no-host-dns
>>
>> I have prepared an LDIF file for importing our reverse zone (around about
>> 140k entries, thanks to lots of $GENERATE$ in our existing zone files).
>>
>> I then import the LDIF into 389ds with:
>>
>> ldapadd -c -d -1 -Y GSSAPI < reverse.ldif
>>
>> This starts off generally well, but always ends up hanging, with slapd
>> locking up too.
>>
> Do you need compat tree at this point? If not, disable it with
> 'ipa-compat-manage disable' and 'ipa-nis-manage disable', run your
> import job, enable compat/nis.

Good point.

So I reinstalled from scratch removing: --setup-adtrust --netbios-name
--enable-compat

For completeness, I should say I also noticed I was using a magnetic disk
on AWS so I changed to an SSD.

Result is that I have managed to do the import successfully. Almost
perfectly - in fact I had to reimport one of the files (of 5000 entries)
after one of the ldapadd commands failed with err 51 LDAP_BUSY. Which is
fine.

I will continue to poke and prod, but for now this appears to work around
the issue just fine for our needs. Many thanks.

Andy

--
<https://www.treatwell.com/>

Andrew Stubbs, PhD