Bhavin Vaidya via FreeIPA-users wrote:
Thank you. your help is appreciated. We are still out of luck and this
is becoming very critical for us.

Please help.

We did remove all but 1 certificate, restarted master (ds01) but
clientinstallation, connection check and replica installation still fails.

certutil -D -d /etc/pki/nssdb -n 'ARTERIS.COM IPA CA'

the log messages are,

/var/log/ipaclient-install.log

2017-10-13T06:25:31Z DEBUG Starting external process
2017-10-13T06:25:31Z DEBUG args=/usr/bin/certutil -d /etc/ipa/nssdb -A
-n ARTERIS.COM IPA CA -t CT,C,C -f /etc/ipa/nssdb/pwdfile.txt
2017-10-13T06:25:31Z DEBUG Process finished, return code=255
2017-10-13T06:25:31Z DEBUG stdout=
2017-10-13T06:25:31Z DEBUG stderr=certutil: could not add certificate to
token or database: SEC_ERROR_ADDING_CERT: Error adding certificate to
database.

2017-10-13T06:25:31Z ERROR Installation failed. Rolling back changes.

/var/log/ipareplica-conncheck.log

2017-10-13T01:56:19Z DEBUG Starting external process
2017-10-13T01:56:19Z DEBUG args=/usr/bin/certutil -d /tmp/tmpbrAYYO -A
-n CN=Certificate Authority,O=ARTERIS.COM -t C,, -f
/tmp/tmpbrAYYO/pwdfile.txt
2017-10-13T01:56:19Z DEBUG Process finished, return code=0
2017-10-13T01:56:19Z DEBUG stdout=
2017-10-13T01:56:19Z DEBUG stderr=
2017-10-13T01:56:19Z DEBUG Starting external process
2017-10-13T01:56:19Z DEBUG args=/usr/bin/certutil -d /tmp/tmpbrAYYO -A
-n CN=Certificate Authority,O=ARTERIS.COM -t C,, -f
/tmp/tmpbrAYYO/pwdfile.txt
2017-10-13T01:56:19Z DEBUG Process finished, return code=255
2017-10-13T01:56:19Z DEBUG stdout=
2017-10-13T01:56:19Z DEBUG stderr=certutil: could not add certificate to
token or database: SEC_ERROR_ADDING_CERT: Error adding certificate to
database.

Here is the Red Hat thread https://access.redhat.com/solutions/1143193.

This issue is unrelated.

IPA pulls the list of CA's to add from LDAP so pre-deleting the entries locally won't do anything: they will be re-added by ipa-client-install.

You'll need to look in ARTERIS.COM IPA CA,cn=cn=certificates,cn=ipa,cn=etc,dc=ateris,dc=com for userCertificate. It is a multi-valued attribute. I'm guessing it occurs 5 times. It seems only one of them is problematic, you'll need to figure out which one is the "bad" one, or figure out which is the most recent and remove the others. I'd be sure to save a copy of whatever is there at the moment to be on the safe side.

rob

regards,
Bhavin