Kristian Petersen via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> I did that before sending my initial email.  The command group_find()
> only appears to look for the group name that you tell it to search for.
> I am looking for something that will give me a list of every group in
> IPA without knowing their names.  None of the group functions seem to
> provide this functionality.  I was hoping there was some other way of
> exporting a list of all of them from the server.

You just don't pass it a positional argument.

{u'params': [[], {u'version': u'2.215'}], u'method': u'group_find',
u'id': 0}

You can see the API in action with: ipa -vvv <command>

Note that there is no guarantee that this will return all groups. There
are still search limits both in IPA and within 389-ds. The cap IIRC in
LDAP is 2000 entries.

rob