On 03/08/2018 08:13 AM, barrykfl--- via FreeIPA-users wrote:
hi :

any timestamp expiry of the ipa backup copy ?

My steps are:

On orginal server , I backup a copy then I shut it down.

Then I reinstall an new one with same host name and I can really
restore from the backup. (test finish)

after that I shutown the new server , and want to get back the orginal server but this time it fail to start chain of service ipa , dirsrv, etc

What happen actually ? soon I tried to recover from the backup and found the dse.ldif was missed , lucky I have backup of this and restore
successful and able to start all services.

Does the server backup has timestamp if I restore success once.
then the orginal server will crashed etc. ? ( these two servers same
hostname same ip but didn't turn on at same time.)

Regards

Hi,

when you write "get back the orginal server", do you mean that you simply booted the original server and ipa services failed to start? In this case the machine logs would help diagnose the issue.

I can't see any reason why it would be linked to the use of the backup on another machine.
Flo