Morning Rob
> > What's the process for either removing or making it known?
>
> I'll add something to the program about this too but for now you can run:
>
> # getcert list -i 20170919231606
>
> That will tell us what it is. It is perfectly fine to have certmonger
> track other certs on the system. I display unexpected once as a
> just-in-case.
>
> It's supposed to display as just a warning. I'll fix that too since it
> is a little alarming.
This is the result I got on my end.:

Failures:

Unable to find request for serial 268304424
Unable to find request for serial 268304426
Unable to find request for serial 268304425
Unable to find request for serial 268304423
Subject O=ENG.EXAMPLE.COM,CN=zinc.eng.example.com and template subject
CN=lithium.eng.example.com,O=ENG.EXAMPLE.COM do not match for serial
77
Permissions of /etc/dirsrv/slapd-ENG-EXAMPLE-COM/key3.db are 0600 and
should be 0640
Permissions of /etc/dirsrv/slapd-ENG-EXAMPLE-COM/cert8.db are 0600 and
should be 0640
Permissions of /etc/dirsrv/slapd-ENG-EXAMPLE-COM/secmod.db are 0600
and should be 0640
Warnings:
Unknown certmonger ids: 20170812234301
[root@lithium bin]#

The system so far seem healthy.  Did these file permission had a
stricter access that was relaxed later?  I have never attempted to
change them, at least impicitly

Regards,
William