Seems to happen on both Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04.

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release:        16.04
Codename:       xenial

$ firefox --version
Mozilla Firefox 67.0.4

freeipa-client/xenial,now 4.3.1-0ubuntu1 amd64 [installed]
freeipa-common/xenial,xenial,now 4.3.1-0ubuntu1 all [installed,automatic]
firefox/now 67.0.4+build1-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 amd64

Ubuntu 18.04 machine:

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release:        18.04
Codename:       bionic

freeipa-client/bionic,now 4.7.0~pre1+git20180411-2ubuntu2 amd64 [installed]
freeipa-common/bionic,bionic,now 4.7.0~pre1+git20180411-2ubuntu2 all
[installed,automatic]
firefox/bionic-updates,bionic-security,now
69.0.2+build1-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 amd64 [installed]

Where is the system trust store located? I was going to validate that
the freeipa ca.crt is added to the system trust store. If its not
there how do you add the ca.crt to the system trust store?

Should the ipa-install-client command add the system wide trust store?

I'll try this on CentOS tomorrow to see if its just an Ubuntu issue.