On ti, 20 joulu 2022, Ranbir via FreeIPA-users wrote:
On Tue, 2022-12-20 at 13:08 +1000, Fraser Tweedale via FreeIPA-users
wrote:
I don't see a way around it.  But I could be overlooking something.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

It would be nice if you could associate workstations (hosts) to
users directly, then automatically generate/infer HBAC and sudo
rules (subject to domain-wide policy settings).  Is it a known RFE?

I haven't searched. Should I create one and if so, where?

FreeIPA does not provide generation capabilities in itself. These things
are specific to individual deployments and their logic is impossible to
automate in a generic way without exposing some kind of a general
purpose language to express it. So we aren't going to implement this
when all you can do is to use ansible-freeipa to define your logic and
actions already.

Either on the host page or for the user where you could select the user
or workstation accordingly to auto create a sudo rule to give the user
admin privilege. I don't think we'd need to see the workstation sudo
rule in the web interface (since it could be a massive list). Just the
switch for it whatever to show that it's enabled would be enough.

For now, we'll have to use a combination of an HBAC rule and a local
sudo rule or create individual sudo rules per user/workstation.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Sr. Principal Software Engineer