Jeff Moody wrote:
Following the instructions on
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/8.1/admin/Windows_Sync-Configuring_Windows_Sync.html
 I am running into an error generating the certificate for the DC. The specific
error I am getting is:
Denied by Policy Module  0x80094801, The request does not contain a certificate
template extension or the CertificateTemplate request attribute.

I apologize that I am so ignorant on SSL, but what type of certificate template
should I put on the request? Domain Controller? Root CA?

Thanks a ton for the help on this.

Your Active Directory may already be SSL secured. But if not I suspect it is Domain Controller. Where is the Microsoft Certificate Authority installed? On the same machine as the Domain Controller? If the Certificate Authority is installed on the same machine and was installed before installing the domain controller - it automatically issues machines certificates for all machines added to the domain. Then you would just need to export the Root CA certificate and add it to the Directory Server as a trusted Root CA.
Jenny
----

Jeff Moody
Senior Systems Engineer