Scott Kaminski wrote:
> Just wondering if you setup 4 servers using MMR what would happen if
> your first ipa server died and was unrecoverable? Would it be possible
> to recover from this scenario?

The replicas are mostly symmetric. The difference is the that the first
IPA has certs that you need to back up and store. Other than that all
replicas are equal.
With the certs saved aside you can recover with no issues.
There was a more detailed answer on the list some time ago from Rob.
Rob do you remember?

> The reason I ask as the way I understand 389-ds is that the
> username/password db will be available in a mmr setup, but the
> configuration database requires a special replication setup.
>
> What methods does everyone use to backup there ipa systems?
>
> Thanks,

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Engineering Manager IPA project,