On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Simo Sorce <sso...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 15:30:23 -0400
> Scott Duckworth <sduc...@clemson.edu> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Simo Sorce <sso...@redhat.com>
> > wrote:

> > I should add to this, that what I expected to see is this (from one
> > of the RHEL boxes using nss_ldap):
> >
> > [r...@potter commands]# groups sduckwo
> > sduckwo : cuuser coes_dpa coes_socunix coes_web_cs coes_web_fx
>
> If you log in as sduckwo you should just see that.
> The same if you do "id sduckwo"

No go...

[r...@duck2 ~]# service sssd stop
[r...@duck2 ~]# rm -f /var/lib/sss/db/*
[r...@duck2 ~]# service nscd stop
[r...@duck2 ~]# service sssd start
Starting sssd:                                             [  OK  ]
[r...@duck2 ~]# id sduckwo
uid=45265(sduckwo) gid=10000(cuuser) groups=10000(cuuser)
[r...@duck2 ~]# su - sduckwo
[16:05:24] sduc...@duck2:~ [1] id
uid=45265(sduckwo) gid=10000(cuuser) groups=10000(cuuser)
[16:05:26] sduc...@duck2:~ [2] groups
cuuser

I'm unable to actually login due to pam_sss not working (see another branch
of this thread).

> Of cours when a user logs in its information (including its group
> > > membership) is refreshed and validated, so at login time the
> > > membership is correctly updated for that user across all its groups.
> > >

> > This seems to contradict your statement above, and also the behavior
> > I'm seeing.  It's not picking up secondary group memberships unless
> > they've already been cached, either through an explicit getent or,
> > presumably (if it ever finishes), via enumeration.
>
> Your configuration showed that enumeration is disabled (as it should
> be), have you changed that ?

I did enable enumeration per what I thought was your previous suggestion.
I've now disabled it again.  To be clear, my current sssd.conf is:

[sssd]
config_file_version = 2
reconnection_retries = 3
sbus_timeout = 30
services = nss, pam
domains = CLEMSONU
[nss]
debug_level = 7
filter_groups = root
filter_users = root
reconnection_retries = 3
entry_cache_timeout = 1
entry_cache_nowait_timeout = 1
[pam]
debug_level = 7
reconnection_retries = 3
[domain/CLEMSONU]
debug_level = 20
enumerate = False
cache_credentials = False
id_provider = ldap
auth_provider = ldap
ldap_schema = rfc2307bis
chpass_provider = ldap
min_id = 1000
ldap_uri = ldaps://clemsonuldap.clemson.edu
ldap_id_use_start_tls = False
ldap_tls_cacertdir = /etc/openldap/cacerts
tls_reqcert = demand
ldap_default_bind_dn = cn=CoESProxy,ou=proxyUsers,o=CLEMSONU
ldap_default_authtok_type = password
ldap_default_authtok = xxxxxx
ldap_search_base = ou=SoC,ou=CES,o=CLEMSONU
ldap_user_search_base = o=CLEMSONU
ldap_group_search_base = o=CLEMSONU
ldap_user_shell = coesLoginShell
ldap_user_gecos = fullName
ldap_user_fullname = fullName
ldap_pwd_policy = none

and /etc/openldap/ldap.conf is:

DEREF           always
URI ldaps://clemsonuldap.clemson.edu
BASE ou=SoC,ou=CES,o=CLEMSONU
TLS_CACERTDIR /etc/openldap/cacerts

> If you are witnessing long dealys on login then you are hitting the
> initgroups problem we are going to fix shortly.

I believe the long delays were caused by enumeration.  There are no such
delays with enumeration disabled.