On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 10:49:41AM +0200, Christian Horn wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 03:30:23PM -0400, Scott Duckworth wrote:
> >
> > There are almost 120,000 users in our directory, and we currently have ~200
> > Linux systems that might use SSSD, soon scaling to >500 systems.  I imagine
> > that even 500 systems is only a medium-scale installation compared to some
> > sites.
>
> I recentl had a look at rhel6beta which offers sssd and nscd/nslcd.
> Had implemented ldap authorization/authentication with sssd when i dis-
> covered that netgroups are not available yet.
> Mainly used with pam_access and sudo here for authorization.
>
> Do you mind what you are using instead in your environment?
> Or are these users just all authorized to do the same?

Netgroup support is planned for version 1.4.0 (see
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/358).

The most flexible way of access control is to use sssd together with a
FreeIPA v2 server (the Alpha4 release was published recently). There are
also plan to add sudo support into FreeIPA (see
http://www.freeipa.org/page/SUDO_integration_plans for details).

You can use the 'simple' access control provider (see man sssd-simple)
or use sssd for users and groups and let nslcd fetch netgroups until
sssd supports it natively.

HTH

bye,
Sumit