Peter Doherty wrote:
Hello,  I'm running Fedora 14 and freeipa 1.2.2-6

Can I create a new cn/nsContainer (cn=subgroup,dc=example,dc=com)
and then create an account that can edit that cn as much as they want,
but can't edit the other ones (ie: accounts, groups...)?
Any pointers to documentation would be useful. Unfortunately I'm not
100% clear on my terminology, so google searches are leading me a bit
astray.

What would you put into this container?

389-ds certainly supports doing this, depending on what exactly you want to do IPA may or may not support it. For example, we look for a type of entry only within a given container, so you can't put users into another location.