To all freeipa-interest, freeipa-users and freeipa-devel list members,
The FreeIPA project team is pleased to announce the availability of the
Release Candidate 3 release of freeIPA 2.0 server . This should be
the last release candidate, becoming the final release if no critical
problems are found.
* Binaries are available for F-14 and F-15.
* Please do not hesitate to share feedback, criticism or bugs with us on
our mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Highlights of the Release Candidate.
This release consists primarily of bug fixes and polish across all areas
of the project. Modifications include but are not limited to
* i18n improvements
* Fixed the self-service page in the WebUI
* Use TLS for CA replication
* Setting up Winsync agreements has been fixed
Focus of the Release Candidate Testing
* There was a Fedora test day for FreeIPA on Feb 15th . These tests
are still relevant and feedback would be appreciated. We are
particularly interested to know if there are any problems setting up
* The following section outlines the areas that we are mostly interested
to test .
Significant Changes Since RC 2
To see all the tickets addressed since the rc2 release see .
Repositories and Installation
* Use the following link to install the RC 3 packages .
* FreeIPA relies on the latest versions of the packages currently
available from the updates-testing repository. Please make sure to
enable this repository before you proceed with installation.
* Installing IPA on Fedora-15 works but can take more time than Fedora
14 due to systemd. It is not recognizing some restarts as being
successful so only continues after a 3-minute timeout. We are working on
The FreeIPA development team
Adam Young (7):
* Revert "Set hard limit on number of commands in batch request to 256."
* update API.txt
* Use modified entity find commands for associations
* fix truncated message
* typo in truncation message
* type in default text
* Better truncated message
Endi S. Dewata (13):
* Removed association facets based on memberofindirect.
* Replaced SUDO with Sudo in UI test data.
* Fixed attribute for SUDO command group membership.
* Save changes before modifying association.
* Fixed host enrollment time
* Fixed memory leak caused by IPA.dialog.
* Fixed memory leak caused by is_dirty dialogs.
* Fixed memory leak caused by reset password dialog.
* Fixed memory leak caused by DNS record adder dialog.
* Fixed memory leak caused by DNS record deleter dialog.
* Fixed memory leak caused by IPA.error_dialog.
* Fixed memory leak caused by certificate dialogs.
* Fixed self service page.
John Dennis (1):
* Add Transifex tx client configuration file
Martin Kosek (4):
* IPA replica/server install does not check for a client
* Inconsistent sysrestore file handling by IPA server installer
* Improve error handling and return status codes in ipactl
* ipa-dns-install script fails
Pavel Zuna (10):
* Remove deprecated i18n code from ipalib/request and all references
* Send Accept-Language header over XML-RPC and translate on server.
* Fallback to default locale (en_US) if env. setting is corrupt.
* Translate docstrings.
* Fix translatable strings in ipalib plugins.
* Fix i18n related failures in unit tests.
* Use pygettext to generate translatable strings from plugin files.
* Final i18n unit test fixes.
* Fix error in user plugin email normalizer for empty --setattr=email=.
* Use ldapi: instead of unsecured ldap: in ipa core tools.
Rob Crittenden (12):
* Set SuiteSpotGroup when setting up our 389-ds instances.
* Use Sudo rather than SUDO as a label.
* Replace only if old and new have nothing in common
* Need to restart the dogtag 388-ds instance before using it.
* Skip DNS validation checks if we're setting up DNS in
* Fix style and grammatical issues in built-in command help.
* Update API to reflect doc change in force parameter in dnszone_add
* Always try to stop tracking the server cert when uninstalling client.
* If --hostname is provided for ipa-client-install use it everywhere.
* chkconfig the ipa service off when it is uninstalled.
* Use TLS for dogtag replication agreements.
* Become IPA v2 RC 3 (2.0.0.rc3)
Simo Sorce (9):
* Set the loginShell attribute on winsynced entries if configured
* Fix winsync agreements setup
* Unbreak the ipa winsync plugin.
* Fix user synchronization.
* Make activated/inactivated groups optional
* Use wrapper for sasl gssapi binds so it behaves like other binds
* Fix replica setup using replication admin kerberos credentials
* Fix kinit invocation in ipa-client-install
* Store list of non-master replicas in DIT and provide way to list them
Freeipa-users mailing list