Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
Thanks.

I also noticed that a group with the same GID number as the users UID number is
automatically
created when creating the user account, this is a problem for existing
environments who's already
used the same ID number for a group.

I see that even after doing a user-mod, changing the GID of the account, the
private (invisible)
group still exists.

I'm missing an option to choose if I want to create or not create a private
group for the user.

There currently isn't an option for that. You can delete a managed group this way:

$ ipa user-add --first=Tim --last=Test ttest

You now have a group ttest too, lets delete it.

$ ipa group-detach ttest
$ ipa group-del ttest

The first command detaches it from the user (this is not reversible) and the second removes it altogether.

rob

Rgds,
Siggi