Von: "Rob Crittenden" <rcrit...@redhat.com>
An: "Roland Käser" <roland.kae...@intersoft-networks.ch>
CC: freeipa-users@redhat.com
Gesendet: Montag, 28. März 2011 18:11:56
Betreff: Re: [Freeipa-users] FreeIPA 2 on F14

Roland Kaeser wrote:
> Hello
>
> Just tried to install 2.0 on a F14. It tells my that
> freeipa-server-2.0rc3 requires 389-ds-base 1.2.8 but available is only
> 1.2.7.
> Can I also use 389-ds-base-1.2.7 and is it actually possible to install
> freeipa on F14? I wouldn't like to use F15 because its already beta.
>
> Regards
>
> Roland

I didn't add the 2.0.0 GA builds for our devel repo. The GA release is
in Fedora 15 and rawhide.

The problem with Fedora 14 is we require dogtag 9 and while it works
fine the dogtag team hasn't really done a lot of their own testing and
AFAIU don't want to certify that it works in production.

I did a great majority of the IPA development in F-14 and dogtag really
works fine there but I'm not sure I'd want to put my infrastructure on
non-official bits.

That said, it should work fine you'd just have to build it yourself. You
should be able to get the F-15 srpm from
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=235696 and do a
mock build of it: mock -r fedora-14-x86_64 freeipa-2.0.0-1.fc15.src.rpm

You'll also want to enable updates-testing and add this repo to get
dogtag to actually install it:

[freeipa-devel]
name=FreeIPA Development
baseurl=http://freeipa.com/downloads/devel/rpms/F$releasever/$basearch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

regards

InterSoft Networks
Roland Käser, Systems Engineer OpenSource
Fulachstr. 197, 8200 Schaffhausen
Tel: +41 77 415 79 11

Diejenigen, die ihre Freiheit zugunsten der Sicherheit aufgeben,
werden am Ende keines von beiden haben - und verdienen es auch nicht.
(Benjamin Franklin)