Steven Jones wrote:

Hi,

Digging through docs / googling I cant see any disk partition suggestions and
size thereof requirements...

Suggestions please?  sizing for 500 servers, 2000 desktops, 5000+ users...

Especially around having different sections of the IPA master of different raid
groups if that's needed...

It depends in part how you use IPA. A bare-bones user entry is about 1k, a host that has a certificate is about the same. There is some amount of overhead in the DIT and you'll need to consider the space for groups, how many kerberos services you'll deploy (also about 1k in size) and what other features of IPA you'll use. We have quite a few indexes into the data, that will take some room too.

I think additional RAM will be better than terabytes of disk. 389-ds is going to try to cache much of this data, and with this number of entries it can probably keep most if not all of the database in memory.

We haven't done any analysis on different FS performance.

Does that help?