On 05/23/2011 10:59 PM, Steven Jones wrote:
It needs to be disabled then as it locks up the gui and its then stuffed....

regards
From: Rob Crittenden [rcrit...@redhat.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 24 May 2011 2:27 p.m.
To: Steven Jones
Cc: d...@redhat.com; Adam Young; freeipa-users@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] 4202 error no modifications can be performed

Steven Jones wrote:
I just did another user and it happens when I populate teh user's manager
field....I hit update, it goes blank and then I cant revert or save.
Manager is broken in 6.1, or at best, non-intuitive. It wants a dn and
not a login. We've fixed this upstream so it does the translation
automatically but that is not in 6.1. I'm not sure why this would blow
up the UI though.

rob
You can probably force it back to nothing in the CLI. ipa user-mod <uid> --manager <manager dn>