On 06/16/2011 05:20 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone had success using IPA's LDAP as address book for Thunderbird?

I've tried configring IPA's LDAP as Abook for Thunderbird. As far as I
can see all the required attributes are there and mapped correctly out
of the box with Thunderbird 3.1, but I cannot get any names looked up.

It works for me using TB 2 and 3.1.

My settings are:

Name: IPA
Hostname: ipa.example.com
Base DN: cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com
Port number: 389
Bind DN: <blank>

Use secure connection is not set

Ok, that's my configuration too. I noticed that it works when I start typing someones name, their details is being pulled from IPA. So yes, it works. :)

When I did my testing I expected to see the directory when I opened up the Address Book in Thunderbird. I see the addresses from "Personal Address Book", but there is still none under the "IPA" address book.

I suppose this is a Thunderbird issue and not a IPA issue...?