On Tue, 2011-06-21 at 12:12 +0200, Adam Tkac wrote:
> On 06/16/2011 09:38 PM, Loris Santamaria wrote:

> >> A global allow-transfer should work, have you restarted named after
> >> setting it ?
> >>
> >> If it doesn't work we may have a bug.
> > I'm adding to named.conf options section:
> >
> > allow-transfer { 127.0.0.1; };
> >
> > then I restart named and try a zone transfer on the same host:
> >
> > # host -l ipa.corpfbk. 127.0.0.1
> > ; Transfer failed.
> > Using domain server:
> > Name: 127.0.0.1
> > Address: 127.0.0.1#53
> > Aliases:
> >
> > Host ipa.corpfbk not found: 9(NOTAUTH)
> > ; Transfer failed.
> >
> > In the logs I get:
> >
> > Jun 16 11:10:26 ipa01 named[30044]: client 127.0.0.1#59303: bad zone
> > transfer request: 'ipa.corpfbk/IN': non-authoritative zone (NOTAUTH)
> >
> Hello Loris,
>
> the bind-dyndb-ldap plugin currently doesn't support zone transfers but
> you should receive SERVFAIL error in this case, not NOTAUTH.
>
> Are you sure the 127.0.0.1 server is authoritative for the ipa.corpfbk
> zone? Can you please post output of "dig @127.0.0.1 ipa.corpfbk SOA" here?

Adam,
Thanks for the reply.

Loris, sorry for the confusion, I mistakenly thought we already
implemented this feature. The implementation is not particularly
difficult, and we plan to have support for zone transfers in one of the
next 2.x releases, as soon as UI changes can be made and tested.

Follow future release announcements, we will have this feature listed
when it is ready.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York