On Thu, 2011-07-07 at 23:50 +0000, Steven Jones wrote:
> 8><--------.
>
> I thought there was a better alternative to authconfig-tui...
>
> 6><----
>
> I normally type setup, which gives you a splash popup that takes you to
> the auth config tool, but that dies silently.....doing authconfig-tui
> shows you the python failures....at least I assume that's what the
> tracbacks ending in "py" are....
>
> However if I dont blindly follow supports advice they wash their hands
> of the call.....so I have to do it their way.

Last I heard, authconfig-tui was deprecated and could be expected not to
work with SSSD (aka for freeipa-client). What you want to use is either
authconfig-gtk (if you need a graphical interface) or just use
authconfig from the command-line and pass it the appropriate arguments.
See 'authconfig --help' for details.