On 08/06/2011 04:43 AM, Ian Stokes-Rees wrote:

On 8/6/11 4:29 AM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
IPA 2.1 is getting close to its release so it is time to set some
expectations and explain our roadmap moving forward a little bit.
First it is planned to have couple bug fixing iterations on top of 2.1.
That translates into 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 milestones respectfully.
We do not plan to do any point releases after 2.1 on the same code base.
We will maintain this code for some time doing fixes and back porting
from the tip but we do not plan to have 2.2 release from it.

The next release will be a major release. It will be 3.0.

Can you clarify from your comments about "not from the same code base"
if you mean v3.0 will be yet another re-write as v2.0 was?

The comment refers to our source code branching, 2.1 is being frozen. There are no plans for a rewrite, just incremental improvements and feature additions.

--
John Dennis <jden...@redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/