On 10/04/2011 10:50 AM, Jimmy wrote:
I've been searching and see a few references to freeRADIUS used with
FreeIPA, but I don't see any substantial information on the subject. Is
there a procedure to use FreeIPA with freeRADIUS? I have a standalone
openldap/freeradius server that I would like to eliminate if possible.

Integrating FreeRADIUS with IPA is on the long term roadmap. It's not as easy as one might imagine. The fundamental problem is that many of the RADIUS authentication methods require access to the user's cleartext password or hashes we feel are insecure. This presents a design issue for us to resolve, as such it has been pushed out.

Refer to this chart for more information:

http://deployingradius.com/documents/protocols/compatibility.html

--
John Dennis <jden...@redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?