On Tue, 2012-02-07 at 23:19 -0500, Ian Levesque wrote:

> On the replica:
>
>       [21/29]: setting up initial replication
>       Starting replication, please wait until this has completed.
>       [sbgrid-directory.in.hwlab] reports: Update failed! Status: [-2  -
> System error]
>       creation of replica failed: Failed to start replication
>
> On the "primary":
>
>       slapd_ldap_sasl_interactive_bind - Error: could not perform
> interactive bind for id [] mech [GSSAPI]: error -2 (Local error)
> (SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure.
> Minor code may provide more information (Cannot contact any KDC for
> requested realm))
>
>       slapi_ldap_bind - Error: could not perform interactive bind for id []
> mech [GSSAPI]: error -2 (Local error)
>
> `ipa-replica-manage list` on the primary still lists both...
>
>       sbgrid-directory.in.hwlab: master
>       sbgrid-directory-replica.in.hwlab: master
>
> Thanks for your continued interest.

I think you failed to properly clean=up before reinstalling the replica.

On the replica make sure you run:
 ipa-server-install --uninstall

On the primary:
 ipa-replica-manage --force del sbgrid-directory-replica.in.hwlab

You will have to force because you already removed the replica.

Once you do that you can generate a new replica file for the replica and
retry to set up replication.

Let me know if you encounter any other error once you have done that.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York