On 02/09/2012 02:25 PM, Ian Levesque wrote:
On Feb 9, 2012, at 1:57 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:

On Tue, 2012-02-07 at 23:19 -0500, Ian Levesque wrote:

On the replica:

        [21/29]: setting up initial replication
        Starting replication, please wait until this has completed.
        [sbgrid-directory.in.hwlab] reports: Update failed! Status: [-2  -
System error]
        creation of replica failed: Failed to start replication

On the "primary":

        slapd_ldap_sasl_interactive_bind - Error: could not perform
interactive bind for id [] mech [GSSAPI]: error -2 (Local error)
(SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure.
Minor code may provide more information (Cannot contact any KDC for
requested realm))

        slapi_ldap_bind - Error: could not perform interactive bind for id []
mech [GSSAPI]: error -2 (Local error)

`ipa-replica-manage list` on the primary still lists both...

        sbgrid-directory.in.hwlab: master
        sbgrid-directory-replica.in.hwlab: master

Thanks for your continued interest.
I think you failed to properly clean=up before reinstalling the replica.

On the replica make sure you run:
ipa-server-install --uninstall

On the primary:
ipa-replica-manage --force del sbgrid-directory-replica.in.hwlab

You will have to force because you already removed the replica.

Once you do that you can generate a new replica file for the replica and
retry to set up replication.

Let me know if you encounter any other error once you have done that.
I tried what you suggested and today, the replication did complete.

That said, there were a bunch of errors on the initial master, including:

id2entry - str2entry returned NULL for id 12, string="rdn"
_entry_set_tombstone_rdn - Failed to convert DN automountmapname=auto.direct to
RDN
(snip - continues for each automountmapname cn entry)

What version of 389-ds-base are you running?  rpm -qi 389-ds-base

NSMMReplicationPlugin - repl_set_mtn_referrals: could not set referrals for
replica dc=sbgrid,dc=org: 20
(repeated several times)
We believe this is benign.
slapd_ldap_sasl_interactive_bind - Error: could not perform interactive bind
for id [] mech [GSSAPI]: error 49 (Invalid credentials) (SASL(-13):
authentication failure: GSSAPI Failure: gss_accept_sec_context)
slapi_ldap_bind - Error: could not perform interactive bind for id [] mech
[GSSAPI]: error 49 (Invalid credentials)
(repeated several times)

NSMMReplicationPlugin - agmt="cn=meTosbgrid-directory-replica.in.hwlab"
(sbgrid-directory-replica:389): Replication bind with GSSAPI auth failed: LDAP error 49
(Invalid credentials) (SASL(-13): authentication failure: GSSAPI Failure:
gss_accept_sec_context)
err=49 either means the kerberos credentials are incorrect, or the sasl mapping of the principal to the DN of the entry failed
And ~ every 5 minutes, I see the familiar-by-now:

slapd_ldap_sasl_interactive_bind - Error: could not perform interactive bind
for id [] mech [GSSAPI]: error 49 (Invalid credentials) (SASL(-13):
authentication failure: GSSAPI Failure: gss_accept_sec_context)
slapi_ldap_bind - Error: could not perform interactive bind for id [] mech
[GSSAPI]: error 49 (Invalid credentials)

The replica reports both masters when I run `ipa-replica-manage list`, but the
primary master only lists itself.

Things /appear/ to be working correctly, but none of this is making me feel
very confident...

Thanks,
Ian