On 02/14/2012 07:18 AM, David Juran wrote:
Hello!

On fre, 2012-02-10 at 08:28 -0700, Rich Megginson wrote:
On 02/10/2012 04:01 AM, David Juran wrote:
I wonder if it's somehow possible to sync AD-users more selectively then
just by sub-tree. In my case, I'm dealing with a very large organisation
where the users that are to be synced to IPA aren't grouped by a subtree
in AD but rather spread out. Can this be handled somehow?

I don't think so, but can you provide some examples?
If I understand the customers use-case correctly (and this is quite a
disclaimer) they have _most_ of their users in one sub-tree in AD but
also some users spread out all over the AD.
  So I gather that I really should sync the entire AD. Or that I
_possibly_ could specify multiple sub-trees to sync, but still only on a
subtree level and not individual users to sync. Or that I really should
wait for the trust-to-AD feature to be ready... Is that correct?
You could try syncing several subtrees from AD to IPA.