On 02/16/2012 12:38 PM, Ian Levesque wrote:
On Feb 15, 2012, at 7:22 PM, Rich Megginson wrote:

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.  I can't say for sure, but it does
look like you are running into some of the tombstone issues we have fixed in
1.2.10.1-1 (now in updates-testing)
OK, are these errors anything to worry about in a production replicated
environment?
id2entry - str2entry returned NULL for id 12, string="rdn"
_entry_set_tombstone_rdn - Failed to convert DN automountmapname=auto.direct to RDN

yes - there seems to be a problem with "orphan" tombstone entries
https://fedorahosted.org/389/ticket/298

we are working on a patch that we will likely release in 1.2.10.2

if you want to remove the orphan tombstone entries and just start from scratch, you will have to export your database to LDIF and re-import it. Do this on your primary master. You will then have to re-initialize all replicas from this master.

NOTE: The following documentation refers to scripts such as db2bak, db2ldif, etc. In an IPA installation, these scripts are found in /var/lib/dirsrv/scripts-DOMAIN

Step 1) make a backup of your database files
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html/Administration_Guide/Populating_Directory_Databases-Backing_Up_and_Restoring_Data.html#Backing_Up_and_Restoring_Data-Backing_Up_All_Databases
Step 2) export your userRoot (-n userRoot) database to LDIF
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html/Administration_Guide/Populating_Directory_Databases-Exporting_Data.html
Step 3) import your LDIF file into your userRoot database
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html/Administration_Guide/Populating_Directory_Databases.html#Populating_Directory_Databases-Importing_Data

use ipa-replica-manage to initialize your replicas from this server

In addition, if you are getting this:
NSMMReplicationPlugin - repl_set_mtn_referrals: could not set referrals for
replica - err 20
https://fedorahosted.org/389/ticket/282
You may have deleted and re-added replicas - in that case, you may want to
follow the cleanruv procedure here -
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:CLEANRUV
I did indeed have about 13 replica configs in the RUV. After cleaning per the
instructions, that error above has gone away.

Thanks!
Ian