On 02/10/2012 11:32 AM, Ian Levesque wrote:
On Feb 10, 2012, at 9:15 AM, Simo Sorce wrote:

On Thu, 2012-02-09 at 17:01 -0700, Rich Megginson wrote:
This may be related to https://fedorahosted.org/389/ticket/273 and
https://fedorahosted.org/389/ticket/274 which have been fixed in
1.2.10
In this case Ian please open a bugzilla, it looks like we need to
address this in RHEL6.

I'll confess that I don't fully understand what tombstone is... Regardless, I'm
not sure that either of those tickets apply to the issue at hand. As I
understand it, Ticket 273 outlines an issue with searching for tombstone
entries after successfully setting up a replica (which as far as I'm hearing,
we haven't done). And ticket 274 concerns indexing the tombstone entries. I am
able to search for tombstone entries (http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=a4ytYZvt)
and don't see the errors specified in ticket 274.
in 1.2.9.9 the ruv tombstone entry was indexed correctly, so that's why you see it.

For ticket 274, you would only see those errors if you actually attempt to reindex the entryrdn index.
That said, perhaps there's some bug with tombstone re: the automountmap entries
in my LDAP instance. Do you think that would be sufficient to cause the
replication issues I'm seeing?
It could be. Taken together, both of those tickets resolve problems with tombstone indexes. At any rate, I would like to know if you can reproduce your issues with 1.2.10.rc1

To confirm, the first step would be to examine your entryrdn index to see what the problematic entries look like e.g.

dbscan -f /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-DOMAIN/db/userRoot/entryrdn.db4 | grep -C 2 automountmapname=auto.direct
Best,
Ian