On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 9:09 AM, Stephen Ingram <sbing...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 12:06 AM, Christoph Kaminski
> <christoph.kamin...@biotronik.com> wrote:
>>
>> [root@xaphon ~]# cat /proc/version
>> Linux version 2.6.26-2-openvz-amd64 (Debian 2.6.26-26lenny1)
>> (da...@debian.org) (gcc version 4.1.3 20080704 (prerelease) (Debian
>> 4.1.2-25)) #1 SMP Thu Nov 25 05:14:47 UTC 2010
>>
>> I have 2GB RAM on my vhost (512MB is only initialy, you can buy additional
>> ram later)
>> But I want to install the client, not ipa server.
>

> I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about the server here. That's a recent
> OpenVZ kernel so there shouldn't be any issues there. 2GB of RAM is more
> than enough for the client. I'm going to setup a container with CentOS 6.2
> and see if I can replicate what you are talking about. I'll report back.

I just installed and successfully started dbus on a CentOS 6.2
container. I would ask your provider why you can't run dbus on the
container (that bug was fixed over 2 years ago), and, perhaps try
another image. Of course, you can always forgo certmonger and manually
integrate your system into an IPA realm. You would lose the
certificate auto-renew, but everything else should work great.

Steve