On 04/20/2012 08:46 AM, Brian Cook wrote:

On Apr 16, 2012, at 12:40 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:

2) What is everyone else doing to prepare IPA for a DR?  I've read
that the best way to do it is to turn off the IPA services on a
replica and then back that replica up.  I also read that this will
miss some important files that only exist on the master.

That is the case when you use selfsigned cert but the preferred and
default configuration is not with the self-signed certs. It was in the
past but not any more. Currently when you install IPA and then replicas
there is no difference between master and replicas (if you installed CA
on the replica) so picking any one and recycling is possible. You won't
loose anything.

Can 389DS produce a full 'backup' in an LDIF of schema / objects while running?

While running - yes

Here is a document that describes 389 database management:
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html/Administration_Guide/Populating_Directory_Databases.html

Schema files can just be copied/tarred from /etc/dirsrv/slapd-*/schema

The real question is - how does this work with IPA?

-Brian