Steven Jones wrote:
I made a slight oops, I just upgraded a long un-used vm on my desktop from
6.2beta to 6.3beta instead of 6.2 by mistake. Anyway  since our satellite is
down I cant correct this so I tried to add the 6.3beta client to IPA on 6.2 and
I get an error.

==============
[root@rhel664ws01 ~]# ipa-client-install --mkhomedir
Discovery was successful!
Hostname: rhel664ws01.ods.vuw.ac.nz
Realm: ODS.VUW.AC.NZ
DNS Domain: ods.vuw.ac.nz
IPA Server: vuwunicoipam002.ods.vuw.ac.nz
BaseDN: dc=ods,dc=vuw,dc=ac,dc=nz

Continue to configure the system with these values? [no]: yes
User authorized to enroll computers: admjonesst1
Synchronizing time with KDC...
Unable to sync time with IPA NTP server, assuming the time is in sync.
Password for admjones...@ods.vuw.ac.nz:

Enrolled in IPA realm ODS.VUW.AC.NZ
Created /etc/ipa/default.conf
Unable to activate the SSH service in SSSD config.
Please make sure you have SSSD built with SSH support installed.
Configure SSH support manually in /etc/sssd/sssd.conf.
Configured /etc/sssd/sssd.conf
Configured /etc/krb5.conf for IPA realm ODS.VUW.AC.NZ
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/sbin/ipa-client-install", line 1534, in<module>
     sys.exit(main())
   File "/usr/sbin/ipa-client-install", line 1521, in main
     rval = install(options, env, fstore, statestore)
   File "/usr/sbin/ipa-client-install", line 1358, in install
     api.Backend.xmlclient.connect()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ipalib/backend.py", line 63, in
connect
     conn = self.create_connection(*args, **kw)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ipalib/rpc.py", line 410, in
create_connection
     raise errors.KerberosError(major=str(krberr), minor='')
ipalib.errors.KerberosError: Kerberos error: did not receive Kerberos
credentials/
[root@rhel664ws01 ~]#

Is this expected when trying to connect 6.3beta? ie its simply not compatible?

The newer 2.2 client cannot connect to an older 2.1 server because it isn't going to send the TGT that the 2.1 server requires. We should handle this better, I've opened a ticket to track this: https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/2697