On Jun 7, 2012, at 5:27 PM, Nalin Dahyabhai wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 07, 2012 at 05:03:11PM -0400, Ian Levesque wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've read that the schema compatibility plugin should provide a vanilla RFC
>> 2307 view of groups with memberUid attributes. I need this for our OS X
>> clients, which don't seem capable of understanding the RFC 2307bis format of
>> member DNs.
>>
>> So, I enabled the plugin using `ipa-compat-manage enable` and ensured it's
>> loaded via `ipa-compat-manage status`. I restarted the directory server.
>>
>> However, I don't get memberUid attributes. I've seen some docs that say
>> "cn=compat" should be added to the default base, but that returns nothing:
>>
>>  ldapsearch -LLL -x -h sbgrid-directory -b
>> cn=groups,cn=accounts,cn=compat,dc=sbgrid,dc=org cn=builders
>>  No such object (32)
>>  Matched DN: dc=sbgrid,dc=org
>
> Try using "cn=groups,cn=compat,dc=sbgrid,dc=org" as the search base.  We
> don't put a "cn=accounts" container under cn=compat by default.

Hi Nalin - thanks for the tip; unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be
anything in cn=compat:

# ldapsearch -LLL -x -h sbgrid-directory -b cn=groups,cn=compat,dc=sbgrid,dc=org
No such object (32)
Matched DN: dc=sbgrid,dc=org

# ldapsearch -LLL -x -h sbgrid-directory -b cn=compat,dc=sbgrid,dc=org
No such object (32)
Matched DN: dc=sbgrid,dc=org

Best regards,
Ian