On 11/07/2012 3:10 PM, Dan Scott wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 3:04 PM, Qing Chang<qch...@sri.utoronto.ca>  wrote:
I agree with you that OpenAFS should implement better enctype. I'll raise it
on their list. In the mean time, this is a block, do you have an estimate
how
long it takes to have the addition of v4 get into RHEL 6.3? I am asking
because
we are moving from LDAP+Kerberos+Smaba+Kerberized NFSv4 to IPA+OpenAFS
to our new infrastructure by end of July.
Is it really a block? I run IPA with OpenAFS. I used the kadmin
utility to extract the keytab (I think - this was quite a while ago).
The ipa-getkeytab utility is nice, but not required. Or am I missing
something?
Because the integration of Kerberos in IPA, Kerberos tools can be used only in
limited
situations, when creating afs/DOMAIN@REALM with kadmin, I got this error:
add_principal: Kerberos database constraints violated while creating
"afs/DOMAIN@REALM"

There is another issue, by convention OpenAFS service principal is created
as
afs/DOMAIN@REALM. IPA does not support creating a service principal without
first having a corresponding host principal, eg, afs/FQDN@REALM. Is it
possible
to add the flexibility in IPA to create an arbitrary service principal,
which can be
done with a standalone Kerberos KDC?
Again, you don't have to use the IPA tools. You can use the Kerberos
server tools.

Dan