Rich Megginson wrote:
On 08/03/2012 09:50 AM, Baptiste AGASSE wrote:
Hi,

Hi all,

i've a problem with winsync between ipa 2.2 on centos 6.3 and Active
directory 2008R2.

I'm following this documentation to enable synchronization:
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Identity_Management_Guide/Setting_up_Active_Directory.html

There is nothing on this page about running certutil? Which link talks
about certutil?
Links present in the documentation talk about commands and options for
certutil but i don't see anything about this error.
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Identity_Management_Guide/managing-sync-agmt.html

I agree, I don't think this is necessary either. I'm not sure if this originated in the 389-ds docs or we provided Deon (or David) with bad information long ago.

rob

Can one of the IPA developers explain why it is necessary to install the
IPA CA certificate into the Windows Cert Store in order to get
Winsync/PassSync working?  I don't believe it is necessary.

For now, just skip steps 1 and 2 under 8.4.1. Trusting the Active
Directory and IPA CA Certificates

I a newbie on Microsoft OSes, but  I don't understand why certutil
don't find my file.

I will ask on a microsoft forum.

Regards

When i run as admin 'certutil -installcert -v -config
"ipa.foo.example.local\EXAMPLE.LOCAL Domain CA"
c:\Users\John\Documents\ipa-ca.crt' it returns (translated from
french) :

CertUtil : -installCert command failure : 0x80070002 (WIN32: 2)
CertUtil: Specified file not found

someone saw this issue ?

Have a nice day.

Regards.