On 08/17/2012 10:55 PM, James James wrote:
my second question is about ipalib. I wanted to make a hook on the user
creation. The hook works fine. I just want to know if there is a way to have
the value of variables like the username, the name of the creator, the e-mail
of the creator and stuff like that.

If you want to simply store name of entry creator, then you can use operational attributes creatorsName, createTimestamp, modifiersName and modifyTimestamp. You don't need to code anything new.

For example:
$ ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI -b idnsname=e.org,cn=dns,dc=e,dc=org createTimestamp creatorsName

... will print:

# txt2, e.org, dns, e.org
dn: idnsName=txt2,idnsName=e.org,cn=dns,dc=e,dc=org
createTimestamp: 20120810114214Z
creatorsName: cn=directory manager

--
Petr^2 Spacek