Dmitri,

I will give you everything I've got.  If I can provide something else, let me
know!

Working User:

Sudo debug output:

[jmacklin@dbduwdu062 log]$ sudo -l
sudo: ldap_set_option: debug -> 0
sudo: ldap_set_option: tls_checkpeer -> 1
sudo: ldap_set_option: tls_cacertfile -> /etc/ipa/ca.crt
sudo: ldap_set_option: tls_cacert -> /etc/ipa/ca.crt
sudo: ldap_set_option: ldap_version -> 3
sudo: ldap_set_option: timelimit -> 15
sudo: ldap_set_option(LDAP_OPT_NETWORK_TIMEOUT, 5)
sudo: ldap_start_tls_s() ok
sudo: ldap_sasl_bind_s() ok
sudo: no default options found in ou=SUDOers,dc=dbr,dc=roche,dc=com
sudo: user_matches=1
sudo: host_matches=1
sudo: sudo_ldap_lookup(52)=0x82
[sudo] password for jmacklin:
Matching Defaults entries for jmacklin on this host:
    requiretty, !visiblepw, always_set_home, env_reset, env_keep="COLORS
DISPLAY HOSTNAME HISTSIZE INPUTRC KDEDIR LS_COLORS", env_keep+="MAIL PS1
    PS2 QTDIR USERNAME LANG LC_ADDRESS LC_CTYPE", env_keep+="LC_COLLATE
LC_IDENTIFICATION LC_MEASUREMENT LC_MESSAGES", env_keep+="LC_MONETARY
    LC_NAME LC_NUMERIC LC_PAPER LC_TELEPHONE", env_keep+="LC_TIME LC_ALL
LANGUAGE LINGUAS _XKB_CHARSET XAUTHORITY",
    secure_path=/sbin\:/bin\:/usr/sbin\:/usr/bin

sudo: ldap search
'(|(sudoUser=jmacklin)(sudoUser=%jmacklin)(sudoUser=%dbr)(sudoUser=%admins)(sudoUser=ALL))'
sudo: ldap search 'sudoUser=+*'
User jmacklin may run the following commands on this host:
    (root) ALL

/var/log/secure output:

Oct 16 11:00:03 dbduwdu062 sudo: pam_unix(sudo:auth): authentication failure;
logname=jmacklin uid=0 euid=0 tty=/dev/pts/1 ruser=jmacklin rhost=
user=jmacklin
Oct 16 11:00:04 dbduwdu062 sudo: pam_sss(sudo:auth): authentication success;
logname=jmacklin uid=0 euid=0 tty=/dev/pts/1 ruser=jmacklin rhost= user=jmacklin
Oct 16 11:00:04 dbduwdu062 sudo: jmacklin : TTY=pts/1 ; PWD=/var/log ;
USER=root ; COMMAND=list

Non-working user:

Sudo debug output:

[asteinfeld@dbduwdu062 ~]$ sudo -l
sudo: ldap_set_option: debug -> 0
sudo: ldap_set_option: tls_checkpeer -> 1
sudo: ldap_set_option: tls_cacertfile -> /etc/ipa/ca.crt
sudo: ldap_set_option: tls_cacert -> /etc/ipa/ca.crt
sudo: ldap_set_option: ldap_version -> 3
sudo: ldap_set_option: timelimit -> 15
sudo: ldap_set_option(LDAP_OPT_NETWORK_TIMEOUT, 5)
sudo: ldap_start_tls_s() ok
sudo: ldap_sasl_bind_s() ok
sudo: no default options found in ou=SUDOers,dc=dbr,dc=domain,dc=com
sudo: user_matches=1
sudo: host_matches=0
sudo: sudo_ldap_lookup(52)=0x84
[sudo] password for asteinfeld:
Sorry, user asteinfeld may not run sudo on dbduwdu062

/var/log/secure output:

Oct 16 11:05:34 dbduwdu062 sudo: pam_unix(sudo:auth): authentication failure;
logname=asteinfeld uid=0 euid=0 tty=/dev/pts/3 ruser=asteinfeld rhost=
user=asteinfeld
Oct 16 11:05:35 dbduwdu062 sudo: pam_sss(sudo:auth): authentication success;
logname=asteinfeld uid=0 euid=0 tty=/dev/pts/3 ruser=asteinfeld rhost=
user=asteinfeld
Oct 16 11:05:35 dbduwdu062 sudo: asteinfeld : command not allowed ; TTY=pts/3 ;
PWD=/home2/asteinfeld ; USER=root ; COMMAND=list

Cheers.
Jason