On Wed 31 Oct 2012 11:53:15 AM EDT, Bret Wortman wrote:
I'm pretty certain there's a painfully simple solution to this that
I'm not seeing, but my current configuration isn't picking up the
freeipa sudoer rule that I've set.

/etc/nsswitch.conf specifies:
 sudoers:    files ldap

/etc/nslcd.conf contains:

binddn uid=sudo,cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc,dc=wedgeofli,dc=me
bindpw password

ssl start_tls
tls_cacertfile /etc/ipa/ca.crt
tls_checkpeer yes

bind_timelimit 5
timelimit 15

uri ldap://fs1.wedgeofli.me <http://fs1.wedgeofli.me>
sudoers_base ou=SUDOers,dc=wedgeofli,dc=me

The sssd_DOMAIN.log file contains this when I try to sudo:

<snip>

The SSSD logs aren't showing anything wrong because they have nothing to do with the execution of the SUDO rules in this situation. All the SSSD is doing is verifying the authentication (when sudo prompts you for your password).

The problem with the rule is most likely happening inside SUDO itself. When you specify 'sudoers: files, ldap' in nsswitch.conf, it's telling SUDO to use its own internal LDAP driver to look up the rules. So you need to check sudo logs to see what's happening (probably you will need to enable debug logging in /etc/sudo.conf).

Recent versions of SUDO (1.8.6 and later) have support for setting 'sudoers: files, sss' in nsswitch.conf which DOES use SSSD (1.9.0 and later) for lookups (and caching) of sudo rules.