On 02/05/2013 03:52 PM, Thomas Sailer wrote:
Hi,

I've just upgraded from F16 to F18 and thus freeipa v3.1.2.

It basically works, on the command line. ipa user-show xxx works.

The Web UI however no longer works. I get the login window with "Your
session has expired. Please re-login.", no matter whether I use kerberos
or password login.

The httpd logs don't seem to be very informative.
/var/cache/ipa/sessions/ is empty.

Could someone point me to where I could find more information to debug
this problem?

Thanks,
Tom

You can also look for unusual stuff on Web UI side.

Open Web Console in browser (in FF: 'Tools/Web Developer/Web Console', in Chrome hit F12).

First check if there are some JavaScript errors. Then check communication of authentication process - requests to 'ipa/session/login_password' and 'ipa/session/login_kerberos').

When password login fails, there should be filled http header named X-IPA-Rejection-Reason.

If you manage to get session, check expiration of ipa_session cookie.
--
Petr Vobornik