Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 02/11/2013 02:16 PM, Eivind Olsen wrote:
Eivind Olsen wrote:

Did you get any closer to finding out what's causing this? I get the same
kind of pop-up window here, but only in some web browsers: I get the
pop-up in MS Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, but not in Firefox.
Opera gives me a "Unknown Error" instead.
(this is on RHEL 6.3 w/IPA 2.2.0-17, btw)
Hm, I normally try to not reply to myself, but thought I'd add that after
upgrading Opera from 11.x to 12.14 I no longer get the "Unknown Error",
but instead I get a login pop-up just like I did with MSIE and Chrome.

Regards
Eivind Olsen

So which versions of the browsers we are talking about?
I wonder if you hitting the case when the method we used on configuring
the browser does not work any more on the newer browsers.
We saw some problems with latest versions of FF so we had add a fix for
3.0.
If your initial configuration did not happen properly you might need to
configure you browser manually.
There is a procedure in the manual regarding configuring the browser.

I just don't know why an authentication dialog would pop up unless KrbMethodK5Passwd was set to on in /etc/httpd/conf.d/ipa.conf.

It might be handy to use something like the Live HTTP Headers plugin to capture the dialog to see what is actually being exchanged.