Dag Wieers wrote:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2013, Rob Crittenden wrote:

Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
 On 02/13/2013 04:10 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:

> >  Also since we also require compatibility with Solaris, and roles
> >  (RBAC)
> >  is currently used on Solaris, does IPA support RBAC on Solaris ?
(We
> >  noticed that RBAC mentioned in the IPA web interface only
relates to > >  IPA
> >  management).
> >  No, IPA doesn't support RBAC on Solaris.

 I've come across the same issue. This is just a matter of extending the
 schema.

 Would there be any interest for adding the Solaris RBAC schema as a
part
 of the standard IPA distributed LDAP schemas?

Is the schema enough? Won't people want a way from IPA to manage the
data too?

Of course, integration in IPA is better, but having the schema
integrated is a good first step. Besides, integration in IPA probably
won't happen without RBAC support in Fedora/RHEL, right ?

Right, and it is a bit beyond our scope to create a compatible RBAC solution.