Hi,

I am trying to do the following:

We have some branch offices at different locations. We want to use one
ipa-server with replicas in each branch office. Each branch office should have
it's own set of administrators who should be able to create/modify/delete users
for its own branch but should not be allowed to change users from other
branches.

How could this be accomplished?

i.e.:

ipa group-add branch-at
ipa group-add admins-at
ipa group-add-member branch-at --groups=admins-at

ipa group-add branch-us
ipa group-add admins-us
ipa group-add-member branch-us --groups=admins-us

ipa user-add admin1at
ipa group-add-member admins-at --users=admin1at

ipa user-add user1us
ipa group-add-member branch-us --users=user1us

now,
every member of admin-at should be forced to create/modify/delete only users in
branch-at. The same applies for admin-us/branch-us.

at first, i thought of a combination of (a) new role(s), with write/delete
permissions set for the branch-at group, as well as an automember rule but it
seems there is no way to filter for the creator of an entry, which would be
needed for the group membership..

am i missing anything?

cheers,
Philipp