Hi,

I opened a RFE request almost 2 years ago for automount cross-location support,
and recently I
discovered how it can be integrated.

It is possible to reference a LDAP map from outside what is set in the BASE_DN
in
/etc/sysconfig/autofs.

Consider the following. The BASE_DN is set to:
cn=default,cn=automount,dc=example,dc=com

Add an entry to the auto.master in location "default" like this and restart
automount:
/test2 ldap
automountmapname=auto_test2,cn=secondlocation,cn=automount,dc=example,dc=com

I tested this on RHEL 6.4 and it worked just fine. Maps from the default
location and the
specificed "test2" map is read and the entries are mounted successfully.

Now I can do this manually, but it would be nice to have this integrated in the
IPA framework.

The only downside to this implementation is that I am not sure if this will
work across platforms.
It might be a Linux automount feature only. Using features of 389ds such as the
compat module to
mirror maps between automount maps would work on any platform.

Regards,
Siggi