On 07/16/2013 05:33 PM, Tovey, Mark wrote:

You make this difficult!J But after explaining what we are trying to accomplish here to our AD Architect, he offered some flexibility with the subcontainer option. My users may have to live with two accounts in AD (one for everyday functions like email, the other for extra access like *nix), but that will allow our User Account Management team to enable, disable, and reset accounts from within one tool. Actual server access will still be managed by our Unix team through IPA.

You can't just disable sync of AD user creation? And just add the sync attributes to the IPA entries you want to sync?

    Thanks,

     -Mark

**

*________________________________________________________________*

*Mark Tovey - UNIX Engineer | Service Strategy & Design*

UTi <http://www.go2uti.com/> | 400 SW Sixth Ave, Suite 1100 | Portland | Oregon | 97204 | USA

mto...@go2uti.com <mailto:mto...@go2uti.com> | O / C +1 503 953-1389

*From:*Rich Megginson [mailto:rmegg...@redhat.com]
*Sent:* Tuesday, July 16, 2013 4:06 PM
*To:* Tovey, Mark
*Cc:* Freeipa-users@redhat.com
*Subject:* Re: [Freeipa-users] Limit password synchronization from Active Directory

On 07/16/2013 05:00 PM, Tovey, Mark wrote:

        We can live with that.  We want to be able to disable an
    account in AD and have that flow out to our *nix servers.  If we
    make the procedure to delete the password in AD, that should
    effectively disable the account in IPA as well.

I don't think PassSync will sync password deletion events.

    Thanks,

    -Mark

**