Hello,

        So I've been preparing my infrastructure for a big change from an older
openldap system to a nice new IPA server.  I have a redundant secondary server
and snapshots taken daily.   I populated all my user data into IPA, and gave
the users a week to set a password.  They all did this and the big switch was
this past weekend.   We had done previous tests on each server and it all
worked.   We switched this past weekend and it worked great.

        This morning a light load hit it (since I've only put a small fraction
of our servers on it about 15) and the primary came to it's knees.  Processor
spiked, and logs started to fill (didn't fill at this point).   I then decided
it's probably a glitch (I'm an optimist) so I restarted IPA services.   They
all restarted except for named which crashed (which then caused everything to
stop).  I looked and now the disk was full.   So I trash the logs (had no easy
place to put them at the time which I regret now) and I restart the services
again.   IPA fully crashes now (didn't even start the DIRSRV for my domain).

        So here are my questions:

        1. Any idea what caused this?  Any performance issues that have been
seen?

        2. Are the connection settings for IPA good out of the box?   I ask
because in RHDS (in the first versions I used) the default connection timeouts
were a MAJOR issue, I used to run a network of 400 servers and I had to set the
time-outs to >30sec which made my servers run really really well, but if I used
the 60 min defaults they also would come to their knees.  Is there a buried
setting like this?  (However, I must admit there didn't seem like there were a
lot of connections like when I had the issue with the 400 servers years ago).

        Also is there an easy place to set log rotation settings?  (If it's log
rotate just let me know, I just don't want to step on an internal app rotate).

Thanks,