John Moyer wrote:
Wow, this is quite insightful, this is the output from that, it looks like
there aren't many unindexed searches (319 doesn't seem like a lot to me at
least).  Do you have any suggestions from this output?

There are a slew of options you can provide to logconv.pl. I typically use logconv.pl -ula /var/log/dirsrv/slapd-EXAMPLE-COM/access when doing search analysis.

rob

Start of Log:    27/Aug/2013:02:36:08
End of Log:      27/Aug/2013:12:17:15

Processed Log Time:  9 Hours, 41 Minutes, 7 Seconds

Restarts:                     2
Total Connections:            45224
SSL Connections:              44735
Peak Concurrent Connections:  76
Total Operations:             132568
Total Results:                132737
Overall Performance:          100.0%

Searches:                     61318      (1.76/sec)  (105.52/min)
Modifications:                277        (0.01/sec)  (0.48/min)
Adds:                         10         (0.00/sec)  (0.02/min)
Deletes:                      12         (0.00/sec)  (0.02/min)
Mod RDNs:                     0          (0.00/sec)  (0.00/min)
Compares:                     0          (0.00/sec)  (0.00/min)
Binds:                        62143      (1.78/sec)  (106.94/min)

Proxied Auth Operations:      0
Persistent Searches:          3
Internal Operations:          0
Entry Operations:             0