Hi,

I have some services that need to work with a NIS server and I would
like to use slapi-nis plugin in order to use just FreeIPA as our
Directory Server.
The users were imported from a openldap server and the password
encryption is MD5.
I installed slapi-nis in the server and configure a NIS client(Red Hat
5.9) with FreeIPA server (Red Hat 6.3, FreeIPA: 3.0.0-26).
I'm able to get info of the users from NIS client (getent passwd
user_id) but when the user try to log in to the NIS client the
authentication fails.
Slapi-nis was installed and configured using the default options.
Any clue about this problem or How can I debug this?

Thanks!!

CBU