On 12/18/2013 12:43 PM, Joe Mou wrote:
I have a broken IPA replica that appears to be suffering from a hung directory server. The master seems to be working fine, but LDAP requests to the replica hang indefinitely. I attached gdb to ns-slapd and suspect a deadlock in cos_cache.c.

Thread 7 seems to be hung on an LDAP delete for a user account that we recently removed. Every time the directory server is started, it tries to issue this delete, apparently to sync the replica.

I have been unsuccessful in trying to remove the offending replica because ipa-replica-manage seems to need to make LDAP requests against the replica. For example:

$ ipa-replica-manage del p-ipa-wd02.prod.the.flatiron.com <http://p-ipa-wd02.prod.the.flatiron.com> ^CConnection to 'p-ipa-wd02.prod.the.flatiron.com <http://p-ipa-wd02.prod.the.flatiron.com>' failed: Insufficient access: SASL(0): successful result: Unable to delete replica 'p-ipa-wd02.prod.the.flatiron.com <http://p-ipa-wd02.prod.the.flatiron.com>'

^CTraceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/ipa-replica-manage", line 1252, in <module>
    main()
KeyboardInterrupt

Backtraces of the suspicious threads and log excerpts are at http://p.flatiron.com/~jmou/ipa/ <http://p.flatiron.com/%7Ejmou/ipa/> . I was only able to install a limited set of debugging symbols; let me know if I can be of more help.

Any help in fixing this replica or even just removing it would be greatly appreciated!

What is your platform?  rpm -q 389-ds-base

There were some hangs with rhel 6.4.z. Please update to the latest 389-ds-base (1.2.11.15-30 or later) and nss 3.15.3 or later.

Joe