The installation part is indeed that simple, but you will also want to additionally turn the new CA to be the "master CA" so that it properly generates the CRL and renews the CA subsystem certificates when the old "master CA" is decommissioned. See [1] and [2] for more information.

Martin

[1] http://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/Migration#Migrating_to_different_platform_or_OS [2] http://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/Promote_CA_to_Renewal_and_CRL_Master#Reconfigure_a_CA_as_the_new_master