On 02/11/2014 07:02 AM, Steve Severance wrote:
> I want to create an AWS AMI that when it starts up will register itself
> with a Free-IPA instance. The issue I have run into so far is every
> instance when it starts up uses the original instances hostname. What do I
> need to do to have free-ipa work in a DHCP environment like this?

That's a good question. AWS is not really a friendly environment for Kerberos
based IdM solution, especially the changing hostname part. There are procedures
and workarounds to make it running, but it still has some sharp edges.

You can find the most information in a great blog post by our user [1] or in an
upstream ticket [2] which should improve the situation in next releases.

Martin

[1]
http://cloud-mechanic.blogspot.com/2013/10/diversion-kerberos-freeipa-in-aws-ec2.html
[2] https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3961