Hi,

I am in the process of evaluating ipa on Centos 6.5. So far I really like what
I see but the one problem I cannot find a viable solution for is how can I do
internal and external views with dns stored in ipa? Google seems to indicate
that it is not possible but I thought I would ask here to be sure.

My dns infrastructure serves different ip addresses depending on if the
request originates from the internal network or from the Internet.

In addition, internal hosts are able to do recursive look ups but for external
hosts recursion is not allowed.

I am thinking that if I can add a second dns database to ipa, I could then
configure named.conf to operate using views.

Is this possible/recommended? Is there a better solution that would not be
a maintenance nightmare?

Regards,

--
Tom                     m...@tdiehl.org         Spamtrap address